Coronavirus Update: Local authorities will be able to issue stricter movement restrictions over the following two weekends
Róbert Kiss said today that the government curfew is still in force, but local authorities will be able to issue stricter movement restrictions over the following two weekends.
During today’s Operational Group press conference, Róbert Kiss, Lieutenant Colonel of the Hungarian Police Force, said the government curfew is still in force, but local authorities will be able to issue stricter movement restrictions over the following two weekends.
“The rules on restrictions of movement will remain in force until May 3, but local governments will be able to issue a decree on stricter restrictions over the next two weekends,” he said.
Kiss also reported that in the last 24 hours, compulsory home quarantine has been ordered 536 times but due to the two-week period of the quarantine expiring in most cases, there are now less than 11,000 people in home quarantine. "The police continuously check compliance with the ordered restrictions and rules," he added.
Meanwhile, Chief Medical Officer Cecília Müller revealed that 14 people have passed away in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of deceased to 239. She said the good news is that 390 people have so far recovered and left the hospital.
Müller also reported that a large number of industrial operators are manufacturing disinfectants and 70 temporary permits have been issued for this purpose so far.
A call center set up for advice on the coronavirus can be reached on +36-80-277-455 and +36-80-277-456 or by email email@example.com