Coronavirus Update: Social distancing rules remain in place
Considering the current numbers, the government has decided not to change the rules surrounding social contacts (1.5 meter social distance and wearing masks).
During today’s Governmental Info press conference, Gergely Gulyás, the Minister heading the Prime Minister’s Office, said that considering the current numbers, the government has decided not to change the rules surrounding social contacts (1.5 meter social distance and wearing masks).
However, Pest County is now considered the countryside in relation to the restrictions and the same rules will be applied there. Regarding Budapest, the government is awaiting the opinions of the district mayors up until 3pm this afternoon, after which the Operative Group will decide tomorrow or on Saturday at the latest on any change to the movement restrictions.
Gulyás also said that further easements are now possible outside of Budapest, remaining inside cafes and restaurants will be possible only with face masks. “In addition, playgrounds can open on Monday and hotels may accept guests in the countryside,” he added.
The minister also reported that there are no decisions on schools just yet. “There will be no schooling until June 2, and there has so far been no decision as to whether schools will open for the rest of the school year after that,” he said.
Responding to a question from the press, Alexandra Szentkirály, Spokesperson for the Government, said that restrictions on events remain in force, but weddings can be held in the countryside and in Pest County from June 1 to a maximum of 200 people.
In closing, Gulyás said that “if the situation does not change, the government can return authorization to the emergency level at the end of June”.
A call center set up for advice on the coronavirus can be reached on +36-80-277-455 and +36-80-277-456 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org