articleimg-1
Nov 24, 2017

Government announces that it will extend National Consultation deadline until December 1st

The government decided to extend the deadline because the public were still sending in their responses, but most importantly to allow for last week’s vote by the European Parliament to launch the EU's migrant relocation scheme

The Hungarian government has announced that it will extend the deadline for responding to the National Consultation survey on the so-called Soros plan until December 1st.

Just yesterday, we revealed how the survey had so far received a record 1.7 million responses from the public.

According to sources, the government decided to extend the deadline because the public were still sending in their responses, but most importantly to allow for last week’s vote by the European Parliament to launch the EU's migrant relocation scheme.

According to MTI, the government wants to give everyone a chance to voice their opinions on these issues. The move comes after the ruling Fidesz party asked the government to extend the deadline by one week.

János Halász, Fidesz spokesman, said that although the deadline was only set to expire on Friday, already a record 1.7 million people had expressed their opinions on the “Soros plan”.

“The more of us say ‘no’ to the Soros plan, the stronger we will be,” Halász said. “We need as many people as possible in order to protect Hungary from the relocation of migrants and the frontal assault [US financier] George Soros has launched against our country for the sole reason that we don’t want to become an immigrant country,” he said.

Halász insisted that Soros had personally launched an attack against Hungary. Soros “is attacking the National Consultation with his accusations, lies and threats,” Halász added.