articleimg-1
Dec 11, 2017

Hungarians have unanimously rejected the “Soros plan” in national consultation survey

Bence Tuzson, state secretary for Government Communication, said that “the government will fight the mandatory quota scheme and advocate the position of the Hungarian people both in Hungary and Europe”

Hungarians have unanimously rejected the “Soros plan”, it has been revealed.

Bence Tuzson, state secretary for Government Communication, said an overwhelming majority of voters who participated in the government national consultation survey rejected the “Soros plan”.

According to MTI, Tuzson noted that the latest national consultation has been the most successful in the history of such polls as 2.3 million voters took part. He said that more than 1.5 million questionnaires had been processed by December 7, 99 percent of which were valid.

The state secretary said that almost all the participants rejected the idea that, according to pro-immigration proposals, one million immigrants a year should be settled in Europe, the fence along Hungary’s southern border should be dismantled and migrants should be distributed among the EU member states based on mandatory resettlement quotas.

Tuzson said the overwhelming majority of respondents rejected the suggestion that “the state should support each immigrant with 9 million HUF”, as well as the idea that in the case of certain criminal offences the immigrants should be put in a milder penalty category.

He said that those who returned the government’s questionnaire also rejected the idea that Hungary’s language and culture should be changed or relegated to the background as well as the suggestion that countries rejecting the “Soros plan” should have to pay a fine.

The state secretary reiterated that “the government will fight the mandatory quota scheme and advocate the position of the Hungarian people both in Hungary and Europe”.