Hungary's Parliament building voted in top ten of most popular landmarks
Hungary placed seventh in the top ten list, ahead of Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, Big Ben in London, and the Acropolis in Athens
Hungary's Parliament building has been voted in the top ten of the most popular landmarks in Europe, according to TripAdvisor.
Hungary placed seventh in the top ten list, ahead of Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, Big Ben in London, and the Acropolis in Athens.
The Great Mosque of Córdoba was voted the most popular while the world’s most interesting sight was named as the Angkor Wat of Cambodia.
TripAdvisor's list was compiled using an algorithm which sums up the feedbacks and rankings of users over the last 12 months.
Meanwhile, Parliament ranked 14th on the Top 25 Landmarks of the world list. This placed Budapest's iconic landmark among the statue of Jesus Christ in Rio, the Burj Khalifa building in Dubai, and the Sydney Opera House.
Here are the top ten landmarks in Europe:
- Mezquita Cathedral de Cordoba – Cordoba, Spain
- Saint Peter’s Basilica – Vatican City, Italy
- Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood – St. Petersburg, Russia
- Plaza de Espana – Seville, Spain
- Duomo di Milano – Milan, Italy
- Eiffel Tower – Paris, France
- Parliament – Budapest, Hungary
- Notre Dame Cathedral – Paris, France
- Big Ben – London, United Kingdom
- Acropolis – Athens, Greece