Hungary's search for Eurovision entry begins this month
The A Dal 2018 competition will begin on January 20th, and Hungarians will take a vote for who they want to represent Hungary at the Eurovision song contest
Hungary’s search for its next Eurovision Song Contest entry gets underway this month.
The A Dal 2018 competition will begin on January 20th, and Hungarians will take a vote for who they want to represent Hungary at the famous song contest.
More than 350 entries were received this year, and the entrants have been whittled down to just 30 for the final selection process.
The top songs will be broadcasted live to the public who will vote for their favorite in a series of shows this month.
The top 30 tunes will be announced in December and the live A Dal 2018 broadcasts will begin on January 20th and will run every week for six weeks.
Last year’s A Dal winner, Joci Pápai went on to represent Hungary in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 and has had many other career successes.
Here’s a list of who is taking part this year:
- Andy Roll – Turn the lights on
- AWS – Viszlát nyár
- Ceasefire X – Satellites
- Dánielfy Gergely– Azt mondtad
- Fourtissimo – Kisnyuszi a kalapban
- Gulyás Roland – Hypnotized
- Ham ko Ham – Bármerre jársz
- Heincz Gábor ”BIGA” – Good vibez
- Horváth Cintia – Journey
- Horváth Tamás – Meggyfa
- Király Viktor – Budapest girl
- Knoll Gabi – Nobody to die for
- Leander Kills – Nem szól harang
- Living Room – Kirakat élet
- Maszkura és a Tücsökraj – Nagybetűs szavak
- Maya ’n’ Peti – Nekem te
- Nene Zenekar – Mese a királyról
- Noémo – Levegőt
- Nova Prospect – Vigyázol
- Patikadomb – Jó szelet!
- Peet Project – Run around
- Polgár Odett – Aranyhal
- SativuS – Lusta lány
- Singh Viki – Butterfly house
- Süle Zsolt – Zöld a május
- Szőke Nikoletta, Kökény Attila, Szakcsi Lakatos Róbert – Életre kel
- #yeahla feat. Eszes Viki – 1 szó mint 100
- Tolnai Reni – Crack my code
- Vastag Tamás – Ne hagyj reményt
- Yesyes – I let you run away
A Dal 2018 timetable:
- 20/1: Heat 1
- 27/1: Heat 2
- 3/2: Heat 3
- 10/2: Semi-final 1
- 17/2: Semi-final 2
- 24/2: Grand Final