The best Christmas markets in Budapest
We pick out the best Christmas markets and fairs Budapest has to offer during the 2019 Christmas period.
Hungary is renowned the world over for its Christmas markets. The festive season just isn't the same without the traditional selling of sweets, gifts and homegrown Hungarian products.
Here, we pick out the best Christmas markets and fairs Budapest has to offer during the 2019 Christmas period:
1) Advent Feast at St. Stephen’s Basilica with light shows – runs until January 1, 2020. Click here for more information.
2) Budapest Christmas Fair and Winter Festival at Vörösmarty Square – runs until January 1, 2020.
3) Fashion Street Advent – displaying a great selection of Christmas lights and sales in the street's shops that make Christmas that little bit more special. Click here to find out more.
4) Gozsdu Weekend Christmas Market 2019 – open up until Christmas. Click here for more information.
5) Jókai and Andrassy Avenue Christmas market – a cute little market on the corner of Jókai Street and Andrassy Avenue which runs until the end of December.
Photo credit: Minimatiné