Things to do this festive season
A series of Christmas markets, concerts, theatre shows, culinary fairs and candle lighting ceremonies are taking place at several venues across Budapest
Christmas celebrations are in full swing with Hungarians marking the annual holiday right across the country.
This year, there are many Christmas themed events and festivities taking place in towns and cities across Hungary with Budapest providing one of the best programs.
A series of Christmas markets, concerts, theatre shows, culinary fairs and candle lighting ceremonies are taking place at several venues.
- Christmas ice skating will take place on the ice rink at Budapest City Park until January 7th.
- The Christmas Market on Vorosmarty Square is open until December 31st.
- The Christmas Fair at Basilica is open until January 1st.
- Thermal bath excursions are famous in Hungary throughout the festive season. Szechenyi Baths in Budapest offers two open air thermal pools, 15 indoor pools, and is open throughout the Christmas and New Year season.
- Christmas cruises along the Danube are a great way for locals and tourists alike to see the city in all its festive glory.
- The Nutcracker is the annual winter show at the Hungarian State Opera House, tickets sell out fast so get in there quick this year.
Check out Budapestchristmas.com for more things to do this holiday season.