The interior ministry has confirmed that no coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Hungary so far.
According to MTI, the ministry said the operative board set up to coordinate preventive measures concerning the virus was continuing to monitor the incoming data on the epidemic.
Concerning the Hungarian nationals evacuated from Wuhan, the ministry said they remain in quarantine and under close observation at Budapest’s St. László Hospital, adding that their condition was satisfactory.
There are currently 188 Hungarian citizens in China. Two of them are residing in the province most affected by the virus but neither wants to return home.
Meanwhile, the Hungarian woman who was recently hospitalized in the Philippines with symptoms of coronavirus has tested negative and will be released from hospital.
Péter Szijjártó, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade, said the woman had undergone two tests but neither indicated the presence of the virus. The minister also said that Hungarian diplomats are in close contact with three Hungarian employees on a quarantined ship off the Japanese coast.
The minister voiced hope that they would remain symptom-free, in which case they would be released from isolation on February 19.