Hungary is renowned the world over for its Christmas fairs and markets.The festive season just isn't the same without the traditional selling of sweets, gifts and homegrown Hungarian products.
Here, we pick out the best Christmas markets and fairs Budapest has to offer during the 2018 Christms period:
1) Advent Feast at St. Stephen’s Basilica – runs until January 1st, 2019. Click here for more information.
2) Budapest Christmas Fair and Winter Festival at Vörösmarty Square -- runs until January 1st.
3) Fashion Street Advent -- displaying a great selection of Christmas lights and sales in the street's shops that make Christmas a little bit more special. Click here to find out more.
4) Gozsdu Christmas Market 2018 -- open until December 23rd. Click here for more information.
5) Városháza Square Advent Fair -- displaying Budapest's biggest Christmas tree, open until December 28th. Click here to find out more.