3,213,837 people have so far been vaccinated against COVID-19 in Hungary. 1,371,702 have already received the second dose of the vaccine.
With 4,604 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Hungary, the number of total cases now stands at 746,802. Meanwhile, 217 more Hungarians succumbed to the virus yesterday and the number of those who have recovered grew to 450,791. The number of active coronavirus cases now stands at 271,032.
There are currently 8,947 people hospitalized with COVID-19, 1,093 of whom are on ventilators.
Now that Hungary has reached the 2.5 million vaccinated milestone, the following restrictions are now in place:
- A curfew remains in place between 10:00 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Obligatory, universal mask-wearing.
- Shops may reopen between 5:00 a.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- There must only be one customer per 10 m2 in shops.
- Hairdressers and cosmeticians may reopen.
- Bars and restaurants must remain closed.
- Public areas and parks remain open.
- Hotels may not yet welcome guests.
The Hungarian Police will enforce these restrictions by imposing fines and closing up places that violate the special rules.