Hungary's government spokesperson has revealed that the national consultation data has been fully processed and the numbers are in.
According to Kovács, 2,356,811 national consultation questionnaires were returned, 2,178,320 by post and 178,491 online. The number of responses rejecting the “Soros Plan” was above 2.3 million with regard to all seven questions included in the consultation, he added.
He said that the result indicates that Hungarians unanimously reject the ‘Soros Plan’ and mandatory resettlement quotas, and are against all political action aimed at realising it.
Based on the number of questionnaires returned, Kovács said that this national consultation was the most successful ever. He stressed that the processing of the questionnaires had been completed before the January 31st deadline and that the responses had been stored in accordance with data protection requirements.
The spokesperson also highlighted how recent events indicate that Hungary will continue to be under attack because of its standpoint with regard to immigration. As an example, he cited the visit to Budapest on Tuesday by MEP Judith Sargentini, who is rapporteur for an upcoming European Parliament report on the state of the rule of law in Hungary.
“The Hungarians reject all arguments, plans and attempts aimed at persuading Hungary to become an immigrant country. Accordingly, the government will continue to consistently reject all attempts to blackmail and threaten it into ‘giving in’ and submitting to Brussels’ intentions," he stressed.