Péter Szijjártó, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade, said the Hungarian government “strongly condemns the latest Houthi terrorist attack” against the United Arab Emirates.
In a Facebook post, Minister Szijjártó said Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, his UAE counterpart, had told him in a phone call that Yemen’s Houthi movement had launched another missile attack on Abu Dhabi on Monday. The Hungarian government was “happy to note” that the attack had been thwarted by the air force and that the assault had resulted in no casualties, Minister Szijjártó said. The minister said he and his Emirati counterpart had agreed that it was time for the West to weigh lifting restrictions on the export of weapons to the UAE.
Photo credit: Facebook/Szijjártó Péter