Katinka Hosszú has been voted the 11th best athlete in Europe, and the best in Hungary in 2017.
Cristiano Ronaldo was chosen as the best European athlete of 2017, for the third time in a row, according to index.hu.
Other sporting names to gain recognition in the PAP news agency annual athlete poll included World Champion Formula-1 driver Lewis Hamilton and tennis star Roger Federer.
Katinka Hosszú is the only Hungarian athlete to make the list this year with 36 points. Last year, the ‘Iron Lady’ finished in the third place with 136 points.
The top11 European athletes of 2017:
1) Cristiano Ronaldo (Portuguese, football) 159 points
2) Lewis Hamilton (British, Forma-1) 143 points
3) Roger Federer (Swiss, tennis) 124 points
4) Rafael Nadal (Spanish, tennis) 113 points
5) Sarah Sjöström (Swedish, swimming) 75 points
6) Marcel Hirscher (Austrian, alpine ski) 68 points
7) Laura Dahlmeier (German, biathlon) 51 points
8) Mo Farah (British, athletics) 51 points
9) Chris Froome (British, road racing cycling) 50 points
10) Katerina Sztefanidi (Greek, athletics) 41 points
11) Katinka Hosszú (Hungarian, swimming) 34 points